This website is a token of appreciation to Manpreet Singh Badal for his efforts to redefine the standards of politics in Punjab. The team who developed this website is not connected to Manpreet Singh Badal or Akali Dal political party in any way. We just want to show our support to him in best possible way we can do while creating a source of information about Manpreet Singh who came as beacon of light in this era of darkness which Punjabi is going through.
Below is a brief biography of Sr. Manpreet Singh Badal:
- Born on July 26, 1962 to the home of Sardar Gurdas Singh Badal
- Education Qualification: Doon School Dehradun, BA (Hons.) from Delhi’s St Stephen’s college and LL.B.(Hons.) from London
- Sports/Clubs- Represented Punjab in National Games in basketball in 1981-1982/President, Raja Porus Club, Gidderbaha
- Elected to the Punjab Vidhan Sabha in a By-election in May 1995, 1997 and in February, 2002 and 2007 and remained Member of several committees of Punjab Vidhan Sabha.
- Member Senate, Panjab University Chandigarh, Punjabi University Patiala; Member Regional Engineering College, Jalandhar.
- He worked for the overall development of the constituency; attended all the conference of the party.
- Remained Member of General Purposes Committee of Punjab Vidhan Sabha and Chief Whip of SAD Legislature Party in the Punjab Vidhan Sabha; working as Spokesman and Incharge, Media & Publicity Wing of SAD.
- Visited Iraq to see the system of agriculture farming as a Member of Punjab Delegation.
- Travels/ Countries – Most of the European countries, North America And south East Asia.
- Manpreet Singh Badal neither has any security cover nor does he use red light. He said: “I am in public life on my own choice and feel no threat to my life from any body”. He had told the police authorities that he did not need static police guards at his residence. The police authorities said, the deployment of static guards there to protect the government property and not for his security. He often drive his own vehicle.